About Long COVID
For some patients who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, the effects of the virus can be long-lasting, impacting a variety of wellness factors depending on the individual. In fact, some COVID-19 symptoms can last for many weeks, or even months. This is called Long COVID.
You may have Long COVID if you’re experiencing some of these symptoms for a prolonged period:
– Loss of taste or smell
– Shortness of breath or a cough that won’t go away
– Weakness and fatigue all the time
– Problems swallowing
– Joint or muscle pain
– Fast or irregular heartbeat
– Trouble thinking, remembering, or concentrating
– Been unable to go back to work
– Trouble walking or moving
– Stress, anxiety, or depression
If you think you’re experiencing Long COVID, we can help.
What should I expect from the Long COVID Treatment Program?
Park Integrative Health has developed a specialized program for individuals experiencing long-lasting effects of COVID-19. As with everything we do, we aim to incorporate eastern and western health modalities to provide patients with the best of integrative health care. The Long COVID treatment options may include one or many of the following:
– Assessment by PIH’s Internist, Dr. Bakshi
– Specialized, targeted acupuncture treatment
– Massage therapy
– Mental health services
– Nutritional counselling
– Referral to universal patient rehabilitation services as needed
To get started in PIH’s Long COVID Treatment Program, ask your family physician for a REFERRAL or book with our Client Care Coordinator for more information. Call or email us at: