At Park Integrative Health, we are dedicated to empowering and supporting individuals of all ages in their health and wellness journey. As part of a collaborative team, our Manual Osteopathic Therapists (MOTs) assess and treat the body as a whole, aiming to treat the root cause of pathology. Manual Osteopathic Therapy focuses on the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of disorders using adjustments and gentle movements of the joints and organs to correct imbalances and relieve any obstructions blocking circulation of fluids. By restoring proper mechanics to the body, the MOT allows the normal flow of fluids and improves function, which helps reduce pain and improves wellbeing.
MOTs use a variety of modalities including:
- Osteoarticular Corrections: Gentle realignment of the joints using muscle energy techniques, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation, strain- counterstrain (relaxing and repositioning joints), and gentle soft tissue work.
- Advanced Myofascial Remodelling: Direct and indirect soft tissue mobilization techniques used to reduce fascial tension restoring normalcy in muscles and surrounding tissue.
- Cranial Osteopathy: Use of craniosacral techniques to gently manipulate the bones of the skull, spine, and sacrum as well as rebalance the flow of cerebrospinal fluid and address autonomic imbalances within the nervous system.
- Visceral Manipulation: Gentle mobilization of the organs of the body to re-establish organ mobility, motricity, and motility.
Visit us for
- Headaches and migraines
- Psychosomatic conditions
- Neck and back pain
- Pelvic pain
- Gait abnormalities
- Joint pain (Shoulders, knees, etc)
- Chest or abdominal injuries
- Chronic and acute conditions
- Visceral conditions (Organ, membrane, fascia and ligament pain/ dysfunction)
- Digestive concerns
- Menstrual pain
- Endometriosis, dysmenorrhea
- Postnatal pain
- Fibroids/ cysts
- Prostate dysfunction
- Referred testicular pain
- Reproductive health concerns, fertility
- Circulatory disturbances
- Disease prevention